Search This Blog

July 5, 2017

''New leader of the free world'' restricts more freedoms. (Germany, Migrants)

  1. Boards
  2. Current Events 
  3. ''New leader of the free world'' restricts more freedoms.
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#1
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/german-parliament-debates-online-hate-speech-law-48368036

Well that "leader of the free world" s*** didn't last very long, lmao

Bear in mind, "hate speech" includes any negative opinions about migrants or Islam.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#2
Mal_Fet posted...
Bear in mind, "hate speech" includes any negative opinions about migrants or Islam.

I'm sure it also includes an negative things about losers like you....why are you such a try hard, real question, like...what is it you get out of acting like this?
gmanthebest 12 hours ago#3
Restricting speech like it's Nazi Germany.
What do I feel when I shoot an enemy? Recoil.
GregShmedley 12 hours ago#4
Oh honey he's teasing you. Nobody believes Germany is the new leader of the free world.
You and I both know...you sleeping with Jamal.
HogRiderreturns 12 hours ago#5
There goes Vipa, defending nazish rules and laws. Typical libral.
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#6
TheVipaGTS posted...
I'm sure it also includes an negative things about losers like you

Doubtful.

TheVipaGTS posted...
why are you such a try hard, real question, like...what is it you get out of acting like this?

You know that seething anger that comes from people who desperately want to disagree with what you say, but aren't capable of finding any flaws with your post?

That's what I do it for.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#7
Mal_Fet posted...
You know that seething anger that comes from people who desperately want to disagree with what you say, but aren't capable of finding any flaws with your post?

That's what I do it for.

that sounds like a sad life you live...have fun, i guess...
Howl 12 hours ago#8
Par for the course for the regressive policies of SJW Europe tbh.
woof
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#9
TheVipaGTS posted...
Mal_Fet posted...
You know that seething anger that comes from people who desperately want to disagree with what you say, but aren't capable of finding any flaws with your post?

That's what I do it for.

that sounds like a sad life you live...have fun, i guess...

aaaand woosh.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
Giblet_Enjoyer 12 hours ago#10
So who's the new leader, now that Primadonald "open up the libel laws" Trump and Angela "Never talk to me or my country's son again" Merkel are out?
He which make friends with scorpion, soon come to find out what a scorpion does - they bite people with its tail --ancient Chinese proverb
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#11
no i got what you were saying. That's what makes it even sadder. by the way i agree with you that this is dumb. my question was about the dumb comment you made. its like someone saying "america has free speech...btw free speech includes the ability to say the big mac tastes good".....I know what you're trying to do and i'm curious as to why you do it....honestly what is it you get out of that s***?
QuantumScript 12 hours ago#12
"Stop talking about politics that point out how stupid my side is. OMG WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS" - TheVipaGTS
The term "leader of the Free World" became irrelevant the day the Soviet Union collapsed. Stop using it.
Guns; freedom you can hold in your hand.
Sampson, Terrordactyl
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#14
QuantumScript posted...
"Stop talking about politics that point out how stupid my side is. OMG WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS" - TheVipaGTS

...what are you talking about? I personally disagree with them doing this....i swear all you "my team vs your team" people aren't very bright....my question was in response to Mal's comment.."hate speech includes saying hateful things about Migrants!!"...yea it also includes saying hateful things about...most likely everything. why single out those 2 things? because he's s*** posting and has an agenda...my question is why? we could have easily had a discussion about this without that comment but when you lead in with something like that it kinds of kills any chance of this not becoming a circle jerk..
Annihilated 12 hours ago#15
TheVipaGTS posted...
Mal_Fet posted...
Bear in mind, "hate speech" includes any negative opinions about migrants or Islam.

I'm sure it also includes an negative things about losers like you....why are you such a try hard, real question, like...what is it you get out of acting like this?


VipaGTS status: official joke poster.
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#16
Mal_Fet posted...
You know that seething anger that comes from people who desperately want to disagree with what you say, but aren't capable of finding any flaws with your post?

a lot of people comings to Mal's defense seem to be exhibiting this behavior right now...
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#17
TheVipaGTS posted...
Mal_Fet posted...
You know that seething anger that comes from people who desperately want to disagree with what you say, but aren't capable of finding any flaws with your post?

a lot of people comings to Mal's defense seem to be exhibiting this behavior right now...

Defense against what

all you've done is whine about me rightfully making fun of Germany
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
QuantumScript 12 hours ago#18
> complains about a circlejerk
> posts personal attacks and insults while completely ignoring his own circlejerking past

lmfao
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#19
QuantumScript posted...
> complains about a circlejerk
> posts personal attacks and insults while completely ignoring his own circlejerking past

lmfao

I was just asking Mal a question about his post...not sure why its gotten you so upset....we're literally on the same side here and we both think this is a dumb thing to do, and yet here are you still trying to "get" me for some reason....probably only because I'm a Liberal lol...its time to grow up, fam...
(edited 12 hours ago)reportquote
HiddenRoar 12 hours ago#20
TheVipaGTS posted...
we could have easily had a discussion about this without that comment but when you lead in with something like that it kinds of kills any chance of this not becoming a circle jerk..


Your post is worse, considering how the topic is completely sidetracked thanks to you.
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#21
TheVipaGTS posted...
I was just asking Mal a question about his post

You asked me why I posted a current event on a board called "Current Events" because you are upset that you can't disagree with me like you always try to do XD
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
Annihilated 12 hours ago#22
HiddenRoar posted...
TheVipaGTS posted...
we could have easily had a discussion about this without that comment but when you lead in with something like that it kinds of kills any chance of this not becoming a circle jerk..


Your post is worse, considering how the topic is completely sidetracked thanks to you.


Seriously. You ever notice how it's only the left posters who immediately and viciously attack people completely unprovoked before the discussion even begins? I've never seen a conservative poster do this to anyone even once.
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#23
HiddenRoar posted...
TheVipaGTS posted...
we could have easily had a discussion about this without that comment but when you lead in with something like that it kinds of kills any chance of this not becoming a circle jerk..


Your post is worse, considering how the topic is completely sidetracked thanks to you.

no it was sidetracked by that comment. and it was his intent from the start judging by his posting history...i was just asking him why and you all decided to jump in for no reason lol....I guess it was just the "oh he's a liberal i'm supposed to attack him" mentality of CE.....
Mal_Fet 12 hours ago#24
TheVipaGTS posted...
I guess it was just the "oh he's a liberal i'm supposed to attack him" mentality of CE.....

They're attacking you because your question was dumb. It's not that hard to understand.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
Literally Vipa coming in and calling mal a loser. Lol and now he's wondering why everyone is on his butt
QuantumScript 12 hours ago#26
TheVipaGTS posted...
QuantumScript posted...
> complains about a circlejerk
> posts personal attacks and insults while completely ignoring his own circlejerking past

lmfao

I was just asking Mal a question about his post...not sure why its gotten you so upset....we're literally on the same side here and we both think this is a dumb thing to do, and yet here are you still trying to "get" me for some reason....probably only because I'm a Liberal lol...its time to grow up, fam...


> "it's time to grow up, fam"

> "lmfao Mal_Fet you have no life"
glitteringfairy  gun baiter12 hours ago#27
Mal is my hero
"How come you can believe in God but not Bigfoot?" V-E-G-Y http://i.imgur.com/AqR3aeX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vvuUXpp.jpg
TheVipaGTS 12 hours ago#28
Mal_Fet posted...
You asked me why I posted a current event on a board called "Current Events"

no, that isn't what i asked at all...but I know you're just playing dumb now. Have fun with your circle jerk guys...
TheVipaGTS posted...
Mal_Fet posted...
You asked me why I posted a current event on a board called "Current Events"

no, that isn't what i asked at all...but I know you're just playing dumb now. Have fun with your circle jerk guys...

Your question was dumb, but have fun running away like a coward when you clearly only came in because you saw username Mal_Fet and wanted to take a cheap and useless shot at his character.
Capn Circus 11 hours ago#30
TheVipaGTS posted...
"hate speech includes saying hateful things about Migrants!!"...yea it also includes saying hateful things about...most likely everything. why single out those 2 things?


He singled out those two things because it's blatantly obvious that is one of the main reasons this law is being enacted. If you've been paying attention at all, it's quite apparent. Here's a quote from the man who drafted the legislation. 

"Germany witnessed an increase in racist comments and anti-immigrant language after the arrival of more than a million migrants , predominantly from Muslim countries, since 2015, and Heiko Maas, the justice minister who drew up the draft legislation, said on Friday" 

You can be quiet now.
"I think that man will be president right about the time when spaceships come down filled with dinosaurs in red capes" - Tom Hanks
Capn Circus posted...
You can be quiet now.

You know he can't.
gmanthebest 11 hours ago#32
TheVipaGTS posted...
Mal_Fet posted...
Bear in mind, "hate speech" includes any negative opinions about migrants or Islam.

I'm sure it also includes an negative things about losers like you....why are you such a try hard, real question, like...what is it you get out of acting like this?

Way to derail the topic in the second post.
What do I feel when I shoot an enemy? Recoil.
Mal_Fet 11 hours ago#33
Bump
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
Blue_Dream87 10 hours ago#34
Ganon19 10 hours ago#35
You know what.. im going to defend Vipa in this topic..

jk, oden is a bust lmao rofl s*** trash blazers XD
Joel Embiid is a bust
People who agree with me: 4
Mal_Fet 6 hours ago#36
Bump
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
QuantumScript 6 hours ago#37
damn vipa backed the f*** out of this topic lmao
butthole666  self proclaimed mentally ill6 hours ago#38
I literally hate you lmao
"Kenan & Kel is what made me realize I wasn't racist." ~ NewportBox100s
(edited 6 hours ago)reportquote
Mal_Fet 6 hours ago#39
butthole666 posted...
I literally hate you lmao

butthole666 posted...
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
Dragonblade01 6 hours ago#40
It's certainly... interesting. And no, I don't mean the question of whether or not Mal_Fet is a bad poster.

According to the article, the law in question doesn't actually change anything regarding the country's limits on free speech. It simply requires that they be enforced on social media. But, of course, the very, very sketchy thing about that is how the internet is international. And so they are trying to require significant players in social media to essentially censor their own customers at the behest of another country. Now, how well this will actually work against international companies is yet to be seen, but it would certainly cause grief for the users of said services in Germany itself. And this mention of a biannual report detailing all of this is just adding insult to injury.

More importantly, I just don't think countries should be able to legislate things that extend beyond their own country on a whim.
PSN: kazukifafner
26_Sandman_39 6 hours ago#41
Vipa got banned from the NBAB discord so he has more time to get roasted on CE
Sigs are useless.
emblem boy 6 hours ago#42
Isn't all viper is asking, is what the point was of mals comment about migrants and Islam. I mean, the reason a restriction on online hate speech is bad has nothing to do with migrants and Islam. It's bad for many many other reasons.

Unless Mal was just trying to be snarky or funny or something, which is fine and what I assumed anyway
Posted with GameRaven 3.2
(edited 6 hours ago)reportquote
26_Sandman_39 6 hours ago#43
emblem boy posted...
Isn't all viper is asking, is what the point was of mals comment about migrants and Islam. I mean, the reason a restriction on online hate speech is bad has nothing to do with migrants and Islam. It's bad for many many other reasons.


The problem is there's many better ways to go about doing that without completely ruining the chance of proper civil discourse.
Sigs are useless.
gmanthebest posted...
Restricting speech like it's Nazi Germany.

Nazi Germany restricted speech only in the sense of they'd send the SS to your house and double tap you.
ChromaticAngel posted...
gmanthebest posted...
Restricting speech like it's Nazi Germany.

Nazi Germany restricted speech only in the sense of they'd send the SS to your house and double tap you.

Not at first.
Mal_Fet 40 minutes ago#46
emblem boy posted...
Isn't all viper is asking, is what the point was of mals comment about migrants and Islam. I mean, the reason a restriction on online hate speech is bad has nothing to do with migrants and Islam. It's bad for many many other reasons.

Criticizing Islam and migrants is not actually hate speech. I should think it was obvious that was the point of bringing that up.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
-George Orwell
(edited 38 minutes ago)reportquote
  1. Boards
  2. Current Events
  3. ''New leader of the free world'' restricts more freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Public Comments